Saturday, May 28, 2016

All of the roads in Vermont are scenic byways

I forget which town, but this was some kind of amory

When I got to Fort Ann, I made a U-turn to take a picture of the original fort. As it turns out, this is just a bank made to look like a fort.

Hey Caleb, do you keep the side hack out back?

A New York texting area. Three texting violations in NY results in loss of license. Should be everywhere.

Steve was grading his drive when I pulled up.

They are remodeling an old cabin just over the hill from the Nascar track in Watkins Glen, NY 

The Amish built him this barn for under $11,000

This little pond if fed by a spring. It is full of large mouth Bass.

I'm actually standing on an old dock right where the spring feeds into the pond. I'm still wondering why they built the dock there.

It was actually pretty solid

Previous owners of the property used it as a hunting camp

Steve is a great auto body and paint man. He is outstanding in his field.

In this picture he is standing in his field next to his pond.

He might be and ex B-I-L, but bros for life.

They sent me to see two sets of falls.

Watkins Glen Falls

and Montour Falls

I suspect that one of these is not the one I was supposed to go to.

A nice man visiting from PA took this picture for me.

One of many fine examples of early New England architecture.

another one

The Cook Mansion. He must have been a well paid cook!

A church

I have no clue, but I like it.

I think this is part of the bigger one.

I think they wanted me to go to the other end of this lake, but it looked like a long way away. 

3 comments:

  1. Lot of history behind some of those walls. All good pictures. And comments too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lot of history behind some of those walls. All good pictures. And comments too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been to Watkins Glen and the Finger Lakes region many times. You were about a 3-hour ride from Bob and me, while in Watkins Glen area.

    ReplyDelete